Success often means something different to each person depending on the values that, that individual holds above all.
It applies to all professionals. According to research, 85% of your success is determined by the combination of your interpersonal and self-management skills and only 15% by your technical (i.e. clinical) skills. This doesn’t mean that your experiences, training and education can be neglected. However, how many people have you met in the past, that have had very modest of all of the above, but because of their high “likeability” or “self-management” skills, they have demonstrated quite the success?
We have found that the best practices cannot be transformed in to successs and internal happiness, without the appropriate interpersonal and self-management skills and balance between all parts of life. This finding is at the heart of Performance Development here at Center for Work Life.
The Career Planning Program addresses the following pains:
Traditional “searching” strategies are no loner effective for today’s global economy, and neither are the traditional channels. We have the tools and the winning strategies to catapult your career planning process and job search forward. Center for Work Life’s WIN Program is the most comprehensive and cutting-edge career planning resource available in the market. No other program puts the same high volume of information and tools in the palm of your hand. Read more
What’s often standing in the way of growth and satisfaction for successful individuals are behavioral issues. There are time management coaches out there, that focus on giving you tips for better organization. In truth, you can now easily pick up an App and integrate this aspect. Real issues in managing life are not due to lack of time, but rather presence of conflict. Because we are behaviorist, we have the tools and skills to help you resolve the conflict and time management training then becomes only a small part of that. Balancing work and life, or balancing work and family is not hard because we don’t have enough time. It is our purpose that lags behind in time.
You are a human being. Let yourself “Be the Best You” by learning your mechanisms of choice, your values that derive at the “Best Self.” By analyzing your whole self, you will learn the behavioral tools that were not taught to you throughout your academic or career training. Depending on your specific case, you will be provided a customized program that will equip you to apply your value-based living each and every day for maximum effectiveness and maximum joy.
Here are the components of the Performance Effectiveness Training Curriculum and what you receive as related to the three areas of performance, work and life balance, or career management.
1. A detailed and systematic assessment including your emotional, developmental, personality and situation variables that guide your behavior.
2. Your values as relative to your career, family, and personal goals will be assessed in detail.
3. A detailed report inclusive of your “fall back” behaviors, “stress behaviors” and “last resort behaviors” will outline your thought-action formula.
4. A custom designed and hands-on plan of action regarding your evaluated goals incorporating your “red flags” will be provided.
5. Your coach will guide your actions and hold you accountable to make the goals a reality.
Chart for Stress Management
What does it really mean to have work life balance? It’s all about assessing personal values and making every-day decisions based on those values. Below are some common symptoms of poor work life balance:
Or check out the tips below to get started in the right direction…
1. Make sure there’s white space in your schedule
2. Treat family time as a priority over work
3. Try no meeting Wednesdays
4. Don’t allow for bad meetings
5. Exercise during the work day
6. Schedule times to be creative
7. Know when to leave a task that doesn’t produce results
I have had the extreme pleasure of working with and referring clients to Farnaz. She is an eminently educated, meticulous, insightful and innovative professional. I have successfully referred clients to her who have been extremely satisfied with their results.
Financial Advisor at Ameriprise Financial
Not ready, but want to explore more? Check out the survey below…
Work Life Balance Survey